Competent Crew Program
This is a ‘hands on’ practical course combining all aspects of yachting. It will provide you with confidence, knowledge & experience of sailing. At the end of the course you will be a useful crew member on any small yacht. You should be able to steer the yacht and handle sails.
Experience Required: No previous experience necessary.
Minimum Age: No minimum age.
Minimum Duration: 5 nights
- Knowledge of sea terms & parts of a boat
- Familiar with rigging and sails, sail handling
- Ability to do rope work
- Knowledge of fire precautions & fire-fighting
- Understanding personal safety equipment
- Ability to handle “Man overboard” procedures
- General emergency equipment familiarity
- Understanding basic meteorology
- Understanding seasickness precautions & remedies
- Comfortable with helmsmanship
- Understanding general crew duties
- Ability to abide by seafaring manners & customs
- Knowledge of “Rules of the Road”
- Keep a lookout
- Row a dinghy
- Assist in all the day to day duties on board
- You should have also visited some interesting places & had an enjoyable holiday